Sunday, March 28, 2010

Disney was a BLAST!

Well, well, well.....what can I say? I was so shocked that I enjoyed Disney so much (almost more so that the 5 year old we took for her BIG BDAY!). It was totally fun for this big kid & we didn't miss one single thing on our "to do" list. Magic Kingdom for the first 2 days & EPCOT on the final rainy day. Which wound up being no big deal since we spent the majority of our time in The Land & the "seas" area (Carmen Ana's fave) for the Nemo ride. She was so freaked out excited over the Nemo ride. It is just so much more enjoyable going to Disney with children. At least the way I see it, because it's like you get to experience it all over for the first time through their eyes. Magic Kingdom days were spent doing all the "scheduled" stuff (parades, shows & fireworks, etc.) on the first day, and nothing but rides and what Carmen Ana wanted to do on the second day. It was so great to do it this way. NO craziness. We (the adults) loved the fireworks!!! They were pretty exciting, I must admit going off over Cinderellas Castle and the SpectoMagic parade right on Main St. where we had our seats was so cool and I got my TURKEY LEG!! Smilebox at the end of this blog entry will be of our Disney trip. And I have to say, if you are taking a child for not only their first trip to DisneyWorld but also for their birthday, they roll out the ROYAL treatment! She was so freaked out everytime a castmember said "Happy Birthday Princess Carmen" & she'd come over to us and say "How do THEY know my name?", forgetting she was wearing her special buttons on her princess dress that let the castmembers know they had a first-timer & a birthday girl to boot! Other than the Nemo ride at EPCOT, her absolute favorite part was meeting Princess Tatiana (her fave from The Princess and The Frog) and Prince Naveen.Got back into the swing of things this week after my short mini Va~Ca to Disney & my workouts were kick BUTT! Especially Friday, when I really did get PUSHED on the eliptical after an already pretty grueling 40-min workout. I thought my legs were not going to continue. They felt like jelly. Thursday was fun because I got to do what I have been wanting to do for 3 weeks & that is BOXING! That was a blast! I didn't have the soreness or stiffness that my trainer told me to anticipate having (a bonus). Wednesday was nothing but cardio & pushing through intervals on every machine (7-8 mins on the bike, 10+ on the treadmill and my trainers favorite to burn those fat & calories 10+ on THE ELIPTICAL).I was supposed to be keeping my food journal better this past week. It was my project that I was going to work on. Well I'll admit I fell down on that one. Not such a great job with the food journal. Which is why I'm making it my "to do" this week, again. Wish me luck, keep me in your prayers & at least I've got this working out thing down now. The food thing is what I have to focus my attention on.

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Disney Va~Ca
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a digital photo album

No comments:

Post a Comment