Saturday, May 22, 2010

FINALLY....I'm back!

HEY THERE! I AM FINALLY BACK (TO BLOGGING, THAT IS).
This entry will totally sum up everything I've done in the past month & a half.
First things first: I'VE LOST 8.2 LBS!!!!! So psyched about that. My next weigh in is this coming Tuesday, I was hoping to be under 200 but we shall see....I weighed in this past Monday at the LifeShape gym I've been going to Mondays & Wednesdays & was told I was at 202 even. So over 2 lbs in a week? Like I said, we'll see. I know even if I don't hit the magic # by Tuesday that before May ends, I will be under 200 lbs & that is like my "Biggest Loser" milestone moment for me. The next big goal I have in mind is to be between 165-180 by the time I go to Nashville in August.
And I know that I can achieve that. 165 is kinda pushing it but 180 I know is attainable. I've really been getting into my workouts, sorry I don't have the play-by-play of what I have been doing, but I can describe just how much I've been working out. My week pretty much goes like this:

Sunday I go to my gym with my friend Christa & we do what is called a STRONG class. It is working out muscle groups with weights & the instructor is KICK BUTT! I love her! She really pushes you to get the most out of yourself. When we get done with her class it's like you always kinda feel exhausted but exhilarated at the same time. Like, "I just DID THAT?" So that is a great way to start my week off.

Monday & Wednesday I go to LifeShape to work out with my trainer who is very motivating & is always doing something that I consider "unique". Unique in that his approach to fitness doesn't seem to be what I consider straight on. He is always having me do something different like push ups off an eliptical machine after I've just finished working out on it or pull ups off of a treadmill when I've done the same. I do not even bother to clock watch anymore when I get into the gym to workout, because I've noticed that he knows I do that & he'll be even more relentless!!!! haha
The best thing lately is there is always some different way to get my heart rate up. Like hopping up & down off of a bosu ball (something that I was not trusting until I did it last week & was proud of myself) or boxing intervals or doing this "ball to the wall" thing as he likes to call it. Ball to the wall is where he literally throws the ball to the other side of the gym & I have to go run it down & then run back across the gym while holding the ball over my head. So humiliating!!! I call it what it is: FETCH!!! But I do not question it, I'm like Nike: I "Just Do It". Because obviously his methods work. And there is never a dull moment. I really like working out there.

Tuesday I have been doing either one of 3 things: Walking the causeway, playing tennis or walking off of Dairy Rd in W.Melb. The causeway & Dairy are both over 3 mile walks. But Andy & I played tennis this past Tuesday & when I got done I thought, hummm I don't think that is as much of a work out as the walking. Boy was I WRONG! Because I am having to basically get down & squat to return serve, I'm doing squats which are kick butt! My thighs were sore Wednesday & I was wondering why? Over 2 sets of tennis will do that. I can't wait to go again & play this week. Haven't been out on the tennis court in almost 2 years, probably?

Thursday The past 3 weeks I have been walking Dairy. Feels good that now it just seems to get easier & faster time everytime I go.

Friday is my day off.

Saturday The last two I have gone to Viera's ProHealth. I love their equiptment & all the machines, leg press, torso twist, arm machines (although I do quite a bit of free weights with my arms at LifeShape so I try not to do too much overkill on the arms on Saturdays). I want to try the STRONG class there on Saturdays too. Or Pilates. I hope to report back that next time I blog about what I am doing for workouts that I can say I've tried a Pilates mat class & the cardio kickbox class on Tuesdays that Christa is trying to drag me too.

Well that's all folks. And that is pretty good for now. And Rob, if you are reading this, my #1 motivation lately has been music. And my "go to music" for working out the past few weeks has been LaRoux.....SO GOOD!

Love to you all & I as always, thank you for your well wishes & support. Hopefully it won't be another month & a half til next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment