Monday, May 31, 2010

TENNIS & grilling out...what a great Memorial Day!

I can say that I has an absolutely fabulous Memorial Day. Started the day off with playing 2 sets of tennis. Man was it hot!!! We were really sweating it out. It felt good, but the heat got to me by the later 1/2 of the second set & I did get a tad bit pink today. It will turn, I never burn, but my forehead got a little bit too much sun.

Then by the time we got home the French Open was on. So more tennis! The womens match was really good. I was wiped out from all the sun earlier. Later on we had the best BBQ - ribs & chicken! Along with that prized macaroni salad (recipe follows).

This might be a short entry, but that is because I was just completely satisfied with how I spent my day off. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day too, keep our troops & their families in your prayers. They need every one. God Bless!

Here is that great macaroni salad (super simple to make) recipe I mentioned yesterday:
This makes a really large batch, good to take to a picnic or cook-out. It's self explanatory to make, so here are just the ingredients.

Mom's Macaroni Salad

1 16 oz box of elbow macaroni (I prefer Barilla Plus)
1 1/4 c. Hellmanns low fat mayo
2 tbsp of Frenchs mustard
2 tsp of cider vinegar (and to this disolve either 1 tsp of sugar or 1 packet of Splenda)
1 large sweet Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
3 ribs of celery, very finely chopped

Once made, sprinkle really well with black pepper & refrigerate overnight. The flavor is better when it gets to sit overnight. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole - it was good to have you at Sager Brown this week! I'm so glad you made use of the gym because not many of our volunteers stay that dedicated. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete